Last Updated: November 8, 2016
ClusterHQ Inc 1550 Bryant Street San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: Legal Department [email protected]
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather PII from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted PII to ClusterHQ, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any PII from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your PII may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of PII may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
Types of Data We Collect. “PII” means personally identifiable information that, by itself, allows someone to identify or contact you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to PII. We collect PII and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a. Information You Provide to Us.
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will collect your e-mail address.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in your e-mail to us, in order to send you a reply.
- We will also collect PII at other points in our Site and Services that state that PII is being collected.
c. Information Collected via Technology.
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages and content you view and links you click on while navigating within our Site and Services;
- Information about the functions of our Services you use;
- Information about the size and nature of the data you upload, access, and share;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Information about the device you are using to access the Services such as your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, unique identifiers, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
Use of Your PII
a. General Use. In general, PII you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, and improve our Site and Services. We and our authorized service providers may use your PII in various ways, including to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide our Services;
- improve our Site and Services;
- measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- display and/or send surveys, newsletters, and other promotional materials;
- help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings;
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
b. User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her PII along with the testimonial.
c. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from PII by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
a. Other Users. We will share your PII with other users solely for the purposes of providing the Services. For instance, your profile picture, name, and e-mail address will be viewable by other users in your profile.
b. Your Affiliated Group. If your Account is affiliated with a group, the administrators of the group will have access to your PII along with your Service usage data and the files, data, and metadata that you upload or otherwise transmit to the Services (or which is automatically submitted by a computer program acting on your behalf).
c. Public Posts. Any content or data you post to public areas of the Services is available for public viewing. Once displayed on publicly viewable areas of our Services, your content and data can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the content and data that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not include PII that you do not want to make public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information after it has been cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
d. Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your PII with third-party service providers that conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical support, and/or provide other services to ClusterHQ.
Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
b. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
c. Google Analytics. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
d. Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your PII. You may access and/or change any of your PII in your Account by making changes to the settings of your Google or GitHub or any other Third-Party Account or by making changes in your FlockerHub account, if available. You may request deletion of your PII by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.