Last Updated: Feb 3, 2016
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. When you register for an account on our Site, we collect certain information, including your first and last name, and email address. We also collect other information you directly give us, such as information associated with an email when you send us an email.
- Information Collected Through Use of the Services. When your server cluster identification numbers (“Cluster IDs”) are associated with your Account, in order to provide the Services, we will collect information and data related to the containers, volumes, and servers associated with the Cluster IDs.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or access device. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your IP address or device ID, computer or mobile operating system type, browser type, browser language and settings, versions and package IDs of software installed on your computer or device, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, search terms you enter using our Site or on a referral site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access dates and times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may also collect information regarding the computer or device you use to read our emails and your interactions with our messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, and the date and time of these interactions.
We may log information using small data files stored on your hard drive by a website (“Cookies”). We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. All Cookies, and the third party analytics cookies described below, persist indefinitely or until deleted.
We currently use the following cookies:
- Cookies necessary for essential purposes. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “help” “tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit:
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to send newsletters and other promotional communications regarding our Site and Services.
We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any reason at any time.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent which we shall request from you on an "as and when needed" basis.
- We may share information with those who need it to provide services for us.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and compulsory process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share Anonymous Data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of future commercial messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealings with you or your company.
You may send requests about modifying or deleting your personal information to our Contact Information below.
You can typically remove and reject Cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our Cookies, certain features and functions of our Site and Services may not work for you.
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to ClusterHQ and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
1550 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Attn: Legal Department
PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO EUROPEAN USERS
Who is the data controller? For the purpose of any legislation or binding local regulations implementing the provisions of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament (the “EU Directive”), the data controller of your Personal Data (as defined below) is ClusterHQ LTD.
Your rights. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
Links to other sites. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information. The EU Directive gives you the right to access information we hold about you. If you do wish to request access to the information we hold about you in accordance with the EU Directive, this access request may be subject to a fee of US $10 to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to make such a request, please contact [email protected]